CREATING A SACRED SPACE
Before the "new year, new me" attitude starts kicking in take some time to create your foundation of where this "new you" will be blossoming from. Creating your personal sacred space is the most important thing you can do with your home or office environment. Let's be real. We do not pay rent or mortgage to live in hostile environments and toxic energy. If you are going to be living paycheck-to-paycheck just to have a roof over your head at least do yourself a huge favor and have your own 'zen-like' space where you can escape your daily routine and feel like your in your own paradise. There is no excuse, not this new year at least. It's time to focus on YOU and YOUR energy and where it originates from.
Tiny studio, a five-bedroom house or wherever you call home is your new temple. It is your place of security, your place of comfort and the place you create your goals in. So it is time to start giving it the attention it deserves.
How to create your sacred space:
- Choose an area in your home where you feel comfortable and safe
- Get rid of any items that are dark in color and bring memories
- Place any type of furniture that makes you feel inspired and motivated (If this is your work area in your home just one desk & chair - nothing else)
- Place at least one inspirational quote to remind you of your goals
- Place any stones of your preference for mental clarity, inspiration, protection (Quartz, Labradorite, Black Tourmaline, Blue Calcite, Salmon Calcite, Amethyst, Blue Agate -just to name a few)
- Have at least one candle
- A live plant (in water would be even better)
- A small bowl to burn sage
- Keep it free flowing and no clutter
- If living with roommates teach them to respect your space by not placing anything in that area that doesn't belong there (like keys, shoes, etc.)
My personal space is my work area in my home. I have a customized desk that was made for me to help give me that extra push to motivate and create beautiful things. I keep it as clean as possible and decluttered. To me, everything has a home and that is how I keep things organized at all times. This is not only my work area but it is also the area I can meditate in and I can create.
The possibilities of successful outcomes due to having your own space is endless. This is where you set your goals, manifest and watch your dreams come into reality. It is such a valuable place to have. The idea of setting new years resolutions without having a place to really keep you grounded and safe seems so unrealistic to me. We all need a solid foundation and sometimes we bring home 'baggage' from work drama and it's not fair. Don't create a toxic environment where you choose to live in. You certainly should love yourself more than that. It's your space, your energy and your life.
Let this new year be a peaceful and positive one.